Friday, November 21, 2008

Safe and Sound...ish...

The boy has made it here, and we are currently in bed. I'm bored, he's snoring. He's had a 40 hour day or something ungodly (he got up Thursday, went to work, home, no nap, and left for the airport about midnight UK time). It was probably 6pm PST before he fell asleep, so that's about 40 hours.

So for supper I ended up walking over to McDonalds, which is about 20 feet from the hotel. Then I walked back to my car, because the lobby was closed due to construction (I think lack of staff, actually...there was nothing going on in there) and you can't do a drive-thru (the proper spelling looks wrong there) on foot--particularly as I almost got hit by 2 cars trying.

In short, I drove about 1/4 mile to get food from a place less than 50 feet away. And for shitty food.

Speaking of, I actually feel slightly ill. But then that's why I only eat McDonalds once every 3 years or so--seriously, the last time I had Micky D's I was living in England. Think I had one there...if not, I really don't know when last I ate there.

No comments: