Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Home

After much complaining and trying to get people at the letting agent's to talk to each other (or at least to us, and then we'd pass on information), Adam and I are moving tomorrow.  We found this out today.  Thankfully, he got both tomorrow and Monday off from work, so we have 4 days in which to move, although we're getting the van tomorrow.  So really, we have one day to move, and 3 days to go "oh fuck, we forgot that.  And that.  AND that..."

We don't have a bed yet, and I'm getting advice thrown at me from all sides.  Less so from my folks, but in part that's because I don't see or talk to them every day.  People tend to forget that a) I'm a lot closer to 30 than to 20 and b) I have actually lived on my own before (for several years, even!), and been completely and totally responsible for myself, and I've even moved a couple of times.  Yeah, I'm capable.  And so is Adam.

That said, yes, we need some help moving, and we need to borrow some things, and if we need other help, we'll definitely ask--and have.  It's hard to do this on our own, without a car and such, but we are big boys and girls (or singular of each, really).

And now I need to get back to it.  We'll have internet at the apartment eventually, but I don't know when that'll happen.  Soon, hopefully.  I don't like not having web access...

1 comment:

Hi said...

So, are you planning on an Internet House warming party? (Just a wild random thought and a reason to send a gift).. Hope moving goes well!

Heather