Additionally, I also have a reminder link for you: Wedding Photos. And now I present
The Wedding Reception (or until I get tired of writing).
The general plan--such as it was--for Saturday was to head out to get my hair done, where all the girls met me (except Kat, who had to work Friday night). Kellie even came bearing a bottle of Asti and some plastic wine glasses. I'm not sure how kosher that was at the barber shop/salon, but no one said anything (though one of the hairdressers was snotty and ignored Kellie, who was trying to get her hair cut). So the girls kept me company while Clint spent over an hour curling and pinning and spraying my hair. The final result:
A bitch to comb out
After that, I sped home, to find that the three restaurants that were cooking for us had all called. Two of them more than once. Mom and Dad, bless their hearts, offered to go pick up the shrimp and lox platter from Newman's Fish Market, as well as the curry from Gateway to India, and a giant bag of ice. That left me to go up to Tasty Thai (thank you Barbara, for that suggestion!) and Long's Meat Market, which are conveniently a block apart. After getting all that to the house, I headed back to Tio Pepé to grab all the Mexican food. Turns out it was good that I got some of the stuff out of the car, since Tio Pepé sent us two trays of cheese enchiladas, a giant tray of tortilla chips, two containers of sour cream and two of salsa, and a thing of green onions. What a deal!!!
Also that morning, I put the in-laws to work. Between Pam, Tony, and Mom, they got all the quiches and puff pastry thingys done, as well as getting the fruit sliced for the (slightly failed) chocolate fountain. Fabulous!! To be fair, I was a bit...crazy...by this point, so it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility that the quiches and puff pastries were done on Friday. Don't think so, though. Either way, Mom and Pam rocked the oven stuff, and Tony rocked the fruit. So when I got home, I shovelled some food into my pie-hole, and started getting dressed. This was not an easy feat, what with trying to get my seams straight, my corset on and centered, my shoes buckled (thank you for touching my feet Adam--I couldn't bend over with the corset on). Then we piled into the cars and hit Territorial, and Dad headed over to pick up his mother, my Grandma Marie. He didn't have to drive up to Scappoose to pick up my mother's parents, so quite honestly, it made his day easier, though I was sad that my grandparents weren't able to be at my reception. Stupid weather. It also knocked out 5 other relatives and 6 people from Seattle/Tacoma.
Overall, the reception was a lot of fun, though we hit a few snags. First, the coffee pot didn't work. At all. Mom tried to fix it, Lisa--the awesome woman who works at Territorial and did so much for us--tried to fix it, and Wade Watts, my awesome chiropractor, tried to fix it. Actually, he went McGuyver on it, and it still didn't work. The second snag was the chocolate fountain. This is something Adam and I have always wanted, but have never gotten the chance. Didn't really this time, either. Not because the fountain didn't work, but because I couldn't be arsed to read directions, and so didn't melt the chocolate in advance (actually not a huge deal--the internal heater eventually melted it). And I didn't bring any vegetable oil (Lisa only had olive oil). So we had less of a fountain, and more of a...bowl. But it was tasty.
Otherwise, it really was fun. My only stress really came from the insistence that someone had to toast us. This specifically came from Pam and Tony. You know, it's our day, so we should get the veto. The other bit was that Adam wanted us to say something/toast everyone. First, no, we weren't married yet, so no one did have to toast us, and second, we never did figure out what the hell we wanted to say. I had no beef with Adam and I saying something, but that's a little tough when you can't figure out what you want to say, even after several weeks of thinking about it. Beyond that though, people seemed to eat, drink, and be merry, though there was a distinct lack of dancing, which made me very sad. I danced with Adam but once or twice, and with Rob (or was it Levi? No, I wasn't drunk) once, whilst Kellie danced with Levi (or was it Rob?). Still, I had a great time, and I sincerely hope that all our guests did.
I know this came to a rather abrupt end, but I really did run out of things to say. If guests want to add to the comments, that'd be cool :) And next up, Wedding Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment