I have been neglectful. I haven't had anything major going on, just not much to write about. I can't do anything about my visa until March, our TV works despite the strange noises it makes from time to time (so far as we can tell, it's condensation), and I got the nurse/doctor to let me go a year between appointments for birth control (except that the prescription I was given isn't going to last 12 months if I extend my cycles, which I do--still, it's longer than 6 months). I am still unemployed, and I am still writing, and still frustrated that this isn't coming easily. One good day of writing should mean many good days of writing, dammit! But it does not, and deadlines draw ever closer, inexorably increasing my worries, fears, and frustrations. Don't get me wrong; I don't expect this story to be published, but I need to submit it. I need to do this for myself, to prove that I have been doing something, not just sitting around on my ass pretending to do something. And I need to submit something that isn't rough, but rather something that, if not perfectly polished, at least resembles decent, coherent, and edited prose.
The only other happenings in my life are not mine, and not mine to share, though they have been shared on Facebook (by the parents). The generic version is that a friend's newborn is not well, and we're all worried. Not the best way to start off parenthood, or life, and we're all praying (yes, even me) that things improve, and there are no lasting effects.
There are so many things I should be doing. I should be applying for jobs (I do from time to time, along with about 79,000 others). I should be exercising more (I'm trying; my weight is too high, and I think it's adding to my back problems), and I should be eating less crap. I should be writing more. I should be doing more with Girl Museum (currently preparing for a conference that two of us are attending at the end of February). I should be communicating more with my friends. I should be writing more here.
But I'm not. I'm striving to change some of these behaviours, but they won't all change at once, and there are only so many hours in a day, so they can't all happen all the time anyway. But I'm trying.
1 comment:
Oh Katie, we all do what we can and what we must. :-)
Post a Comment