So it sucks being away from my husband. He amuses me and generally makes for good company. But he couldn't make this trip, which was fair and reasonable, so I'm alone in the Tacoma La Quinta, watching the Ducks decimate Arizona. I actually feel bad for Rich Rodriguez and the Wildcats; Oregon is just destroying their defense and has stopped them dead every time they get in the red zone. So far that's been six times.
Today I have also watched bits of the Clemson-HalfAssU game (which did not go well for me in my betting pool), a bit of the Michigan-Notre Dame game (which did), part of the LSU-Auburn game (not in the pool this week), and about half an inning of the Mariners-Texas game. I also keep having urges to watch Monday night football, since the Packers play the Seachickens in Seattle. Since I don't normally have any interest in the NFL, I'm definitely having a sportsgasm.
Sadly, I missed--and incorrectly picked--the UCLA-Oregon State game. Oregon State has now beaten two ranked teams, is 2-0, and will probably be in the top 25 this week (they got votes last week). I'm fairly certain Mike Riley has secured his job for another year, and beating both Wisconsin and the Bruins makes OSU look good.
Sportsgasm complete, it was really good to see people today. I got to spend a few hours with Carter, Lisanna, their little one, and Kellie. We also saw Kristan for a bit, and I'll see her again tomorrow, along with a great many other people. So it's good. A bit lonely this evening, but good.
And I have my Oregon Ducks, who just won 49-0.
No comments:
Post a Comment