Friday, August 22, 2008

A Coder is Not Me

So I can't design my own templates for this blog, nor really edit the code of the templates provided, because I have limited understanding of HTML. I have more than the average person who's never studied it or read books on varied languages, but it's not very good. Additionally, the only programming language I know anything about is HTML (I forgot what UNIX I knew), and Blogger's code is a weird amalgamation of HTML, CSS, and I think they said a third one. Since it's designed to work with their whole "drag and drop" setup, it's great, but not if you actually want to muck with the code, but only understand it in the basic webpage layout.

So I guess this is once again a cry for help. If someone who reads this and can understand the code is willing to make a few changes for me (they should be pretty small--centering the title, justifying the posts both left and right, and moving a freaking line so that there's more delineation between the posts) I'd be so thrilled. I can probably make any other changes I want, such as colours without mucking it up too badly, but I can't determine those changes.

I think the person whom I really want to help me knows who he is. Although that said, I can imagine at least 2 people who think I mean them.

Righty-o. I'm done futzing with this today. Onwards and avast. Or something.

No comments: