Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Home

So after a lot of thought, I've decided to abandon my domain and move over here.  Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of blogger, but it's free.  Additionally, I can't seem to get ahold of the person who set up WordPress for me, so I can't get it the updates that it so desperately needs (something I might be able to do if I had the password for the MySQL database...).  So I'll make the switch.  My domain wasn't hugely expensive, but I'm just tired of paying for stuff on the web that I can get for free (though I will continue to pay for my primary email address(es)).  

What this does mean is that all my posts from www.katieweidmann.com are lost.  Well, not lost, because I spent a lot of time backing them up, but because it's an old version, I couldn't actually export it.  So I have the posts, but I wasn't willing to do the work to get the comments on those posts.  I might still try to snag some of the comments before it all dies in September, but if not, those will be gone forever.  But life goes on.  And in time I might post the archives, but I have to do them by hand, so don't hold your breath.

Yup...here we are...

No comments: