Thursday, September 3, 2009

That's not how it's supposed to be...

I went up to the Post Office today (which, just as a note, is privatized here in the UK...and is why Royal Post refuses to deliver packages to apartment buildings, so I have to go into Slaithwaite tomorrow) and bought stamps for the invites that need to be mailed to UK addresses.

Is it wrong that I've now spent on postage 2/3 of the amount that the actual invites and RSVP cards cost? Or maybe that's a very very good thing. I dunno. I do know that I can very easily grasp why many women become "bridezillas." Very few steps of putting together a wedding are actually difficult. Yet somehow, they are made difficult. I'm not even sure how. Perhaps a desire for it to just be DONE. Done without other people telling you what (they think) is best, what they want, how they did theirs...

What I do know is that I'm very lucky to have a father who doesn't give a damn what we do, just as long as we're happy, a mother who wanted us to elope so we wouldn't have any nonsense, and two in-laws who have so far been really great about everything, particularly as they've been left out of the loop (this was not intentional, I swear). Oh, and Adam, who says he is willing to help. He's unhappy when I set him to work cutting inserts up or addressing envelopes, but he does do it. Even if he looks like he's going to stab me with the scissors.

1 comment:

Hadar said...

heh heh.

Oh, I'm planning on sending the rsvp card, and I'm thinking I can begin looking for airline tickets in the next couple weeks.