Saturday, November 7, 2009

Homeownership is a bitch

Granted, I don't actually own a home, but I'm housesitting for my folks, and goddammit I wish for once they'd go on vacation some time other than November. It seems like every damn year they head off right when all the leaves fall off the trees.

And have I mentioned that we have two tall trees in the front yard, an absolutely giant oak tree in the back, and like 6 other trees? Plus a bunch of leaves from our neighbors' trees. To sum up, that's a fuckton of leaves. I've already loaded the back of the pickup truck once, and a giant rolling bin. And another trashcan full. Plus I dumped about 10 wheelbarrow loads of leaves behind the shed.

Oh, and it always rains, making it even harder to get the leaves up.

I want a condo.

1 comment:

Hadar said...

Condos are okay, except the condo associations suck. Rules like: No pets, no BBQs on the deck, you can't buy new windows or doors unless they approve it bc you don't actually own your windows and doors, must have rugs on the floors if there's wood, no pet-sitting, ... but houses, yeah, much better, only mowing the lawn sucks and cleaning gutters. Good luck with that. ;-)