That is all.
No, not quite; I guess it requires at least a short explanation. Due to a fit of pique a couple of weeks ago, I cancelled my line of credit. Specifically, my overdraft protection. Why I cancelled it is a long and rather pointless story, but it involved being charged interest I wasn't notified of at a later date than my payment. I've used the overdraft protection approximately 3 times in all the years I've had it, and I didn't apply for it in the first place; in the age of easy credit, they just gave me shit like that (the limit on my credit card is another fine example of that).
Anyways, I realized that with Adam on my accounts now, and his only having one account, not multiple accounts tied together, we might run into some problems without the protection; namely, problems that cost about $25 per bounced check (when I cancelled it, they were supposed to decline all debit purchases made with insufficient funds in the account). This is mostly because I keep no money in accounts that don't pay interest. I like money, and the best way to make money is to keep it, preferably in places that pay you to keep it. So in the light of keeping my money, I went to reapply for the line of credit. In the process, they had to run my credit score. After that, it was all downhill.
Because I am, shall we say, paranoid, I won't post my credit score. However, they say that if you have a score of 720, you'll get the lowest interest rates on a mortgage. I started laughing when I read that.
All in all, a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment