Hi everyone,
I just started an internship with Girl Museum, a brand new online museum dedicated to the celebration and exploration of girlhood worldwide. Our website is www.girlmuseum.org, and we also have a Facebook site. Please come visit us on the web, and check back regularly, because we're currently working on several exhibitions that will go live over the next couple of months. Also, if you are on Facebook, please consider becoming a fan (or whatever) of Girl Museum. And please tell all your friends!
Additionally, March is Women's Month, and we've got a great exhibition planned: the Heroine Quilt. Each day in March will feature a girlhood heroine, and then in April it will be "stitched" together and become an ongoing exhibition with audience submissions. For any gals who wish to participate (and I'd like to hope you all would!) please consider submitting a short paragraph on a heroine of your girlhood, why she was important to you, and any impact she may still have on your life. Also, please submit a photo of your heroine (especially if your heroine isn't someone famous).
Thanks everyone, and I hope you'll support this new endeavor. It's the only museum out there dedicated to exploring what it means to be a girl, and I'm really excited to be a part of it from the beginning.
Thanks,
Katie
Katie Weidmann
Intern, Girl Museum
No comments:
Post a Comment