So this is a bit belated in coming, but a couple of announcements, and more clarification at some point down the road. First, my last day of work at the sandwich shop is Friday. A lot of things went into my decision to quit, but in short, I was pretty miserably unhappy there, so Adam and I discussed it, and decided that we could afford my not working for a bit. I have big plans for my (hopefully not long) unemployment, including looking for new work. That said, I also plan to write lots, try to relearn some french, and also--and this makes me sad--brush up my music reading, as it's been years since I've played anything, so I don't actually read music very well anymore. I also hope to get myself into better shape, since my current shape is rather lumpy.
The other thing that I'll be doing with at least my initial new-found freedom is unpacking and setting up our new place. Adam and I signed a new lease last weekend, and are moving from our mostly lovely first home here at Titanic and to a flat in Slaithwaite (just down the road) that has a carpeted bathroom (ugh) but is in a much nicer little village. We have no idea if, where, or how everything will fit (and there's no cave to hide/store stuff in), but at least I'll have some time to work on that.
That said, we'll be losing internet on Friday or Saturday (depending on if we come over to Titanic on Saturday), and will hopefully regain it on Tuesday, but possibly later, depending on how everything goes. Around here, one never knows!
No comments:
Post a Comment