Not actually woes, this time, or at least not as such. I thought I had a great interview, with none of my usual obnoxious anxiety attacks that result in my starting to cry at inappropriate times (as in at any point in the interview). Praise His Noodly Appendage for Xanax. It may have been expired (and generic), but it worked nevertheless.
Sadly, I did not get the job. I've asked for feedback, in part because I want to apply for another job there, and in part to try and land a job somewhere in the future if not there. Without the feedback, my current guess is that my not being local to York was the biggest factor. If two people are equal, the one who doesn't have to commute an hour plus to get there (and deal with the vagaries of public transit in a country prone to half-assed strikeage) is a better choice.
Though I didn't get the job, at least I got an interview, and I felt I did fairly well. I was confident, and I knew what I wanted to say. I even had questions to ask at the end! So hopefully I'll be given some helpful feedback, and hopefully I'll be more successful with the next application there (no, I am not disclosing the place, because, well, I'm applying there again and it strikes me as being inappropriate).
In the meantime, back to my writing. I've taken most of the last two weeks off, either due to interview preparation--I had to give a 10 minute talk as well--being lazy, or not being home because I was yelling at Virgin Media about our dead phone line (and internet, which does actually work, though our phone doesn't, which is a whole new level of special) and the fact that they still hadn't paid us the money we're owed. But back to the writing. It was so easy to slip out of the habit, so I must work hard to slip back in.
No comments:
Post a Comment