Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Revenge of the Editor...and later, the Pumpkin

So today I finally got my arse in gear and finished up the editing. For those who think "wow, you're lazy" you haven't read it. Also, I'm not getting paid to put in the kind of work I did on that. Were I getting paid, it would have been done much sooner, and probably with even more information. But it is done, and Adam will copy it for me tonight, and I will return it tonight (and give it to the committee tomorrow).

Mom and Dad will be here in a couple of days, which is leaving me slightly panicky. Perhaps because I hate cleaning (not like the house isn't already clean), but also because I fear the vacuum will soon explode. It smells hot after about a minute of use, but never smells worse, so I don't know. We can't afford a new one, so if it goes kaboom, I guess the bedroom, rug in the living room, and weird step/window seat thing won't get vacuumed anymore. No, that Dyson on our Bed, Bath, and Beyond wedding registry (notice my sly little plug there :) ) isn't for the UK. It's really not for anything, because $400 is an insane amount of money for a vacuum. That said, Adam is allergic to dust, and I want a vacuum that works, has a HEPA filter, and rocks while doing so. And is bagless. So maybe we'll buy it with our completion discount. Doubtful, but we'll see.

Also tied in with wedding related stuff, if you received an invite, please send back your RSVP card. If you show up without telling us, there's no guarantee you'll be able to eat anything or drink on our budget. Or have anywhere to sit. Just a friendly reminder...or not so friendly, as the case may be. I have to start buying/ordering/paying for food in a couple of weeks, and as is appropriate in these sorts of situations, the number of guests I plan for is determined by people returning their RSVP cards. So if you want to eat, drink, and sit, let me know. Additionally, it'll mean I'm genuinely happy to see you, not happy tinged with irritation.

I also must try to carve a pumpkin tonight. I'd like to point out that I've never carved a pumpkin before, only scooped out the innards (ick). Adam and I are entering a pumpkin carving contest, and have decided to carve "Mother Slime" on the pumpkin (it's from KoL). Unfortunately, he's never carved a pumpkin, either. Also unfortunate is that most of our knives are either quite spendy and sharp (mine) or cheap and dull. And very few have blades of the appropriate sizes. Wish we had a scalpel...

2 comments:

Hadar said...

Um, I hope you got my RSVP card, bc I sent it over a week ago. If you didn't I'm coming. :) Bought plane tickets today.

Katie said...

I did get it, don't worry :) There's just a lot of stragglers out there, some of who I know are coming but haven't told me, and a lot who I really don't know, but I hope are coming...

But yes, you will be fed and wined :)