Only a very minor triumph (story still not done, sadly, but it's outlined out and is probably 2/3 to 3/4 done), but I found it last night in Elizabeth Peters' Night Train to Memphis. The character I was seeking in the previous post is Aunt Norris from Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. At this point it isn't much use to me beyond the academic, but it's always nice to get that type of niggling thing out of your head.
Yay!
Long day of writing tomorrow, and again on Tuesday. I figure I've still got about 10k words left, and I've been writing about 1.2k a day, but I'm going to try and push it and see if I can't get it done by Tuesday. That's really ambitious, and pretty unlikely, but I shall try nevertheless. And it might not take 10k more words to finish it off, which would be fine as well. Then lots of editing and restructuring and reading of submissions guidelines and having a few others read it for me and more editing and polishing and futzing and freaking out until it's submitting. Eek!
Also, thank you so much Claudia for both giving me the heads-up on this open call, and also for confirming that my search wasn't in Borrower of the Night. If you ever want to read any other E.P. books, I have every Vicky Bliss, Amelia Peabody, Jacqueline Kirby, and several other one-offs (but not all) for your perusal :)
No comments:
Post a Comment