So my parents chose, for some ungodly reason, to get married on February 14, 1980. For those keeping score, no, I was not premature, and no, it wasn't a shotgun wedding (or at least if it was, I haven't been informed of that fact). Both of my parents have a strong sense of the absurd, so I'm sure that lent itself to the choice of date, but if you ask my father, he'll tell you they got married on trash day. Trash day as in the day the garbage men/women/people come by and collect the trash for disposal.
Glad to see the romance was dead at the start :) Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. And for everyone else, I leave you with a great comic from xkcd, which is a completely awesome and very smart web comic. You should go read all of his stuff.
The mouseover text* reads "The worst resolution to the Valentine Prisoner's Dilemma when YOU decide not to give your partner a present but your PARTNER decides to testify against you in the armed robbery case."
*All xkcd comics have mouseover text--to read it, just hold the mouse still over the image and it will appear.

No comments:
Post a Comment