I got swept up by such things as forgetting to make a bleu cheese potato gratin (which never seems to cook properly when I make it) and trying to fit a chicken in our tiny oven. When it's impaled--sodomized, really--on a beer can a chicken is quite tall, and in my experience British ovens are tiny compared to their American counterparts. Then I called my folks and played a board game with Adam (I lost). So now it's quite late, and my weekly Sunday review hasn't happened. Which saddens me, because I was hoping to go a full month before I starting screwing them up. But it will be up tomorrow, and better written than anything I post tonight.
I was thinking about reviewing the most recent season of Lost, but WTF is not really a review, and that's more or less how it left me feeling. I enjoyed it overall, but still, WTF. That said, I've decided that I trust Ben more than Locke, and I love Frank Lepedius--sarcastic and smart and resourceful. Also, I would marry Hurley, but fuck Sayid blue first. And Jack's a whiny, insecure ass.
Instead, I shall be doing a joint review of Cloverfield and Diary of the Dead. Watched Cloverfield on Saturday and Diary of the Dead (second time) today, and there are similarities in how the stories are told. And that method of storytelling intrigues me at the moment. So yes, tomorrow, Cloverfield and Diary of the Dead.
In other news, Chapter Two is now frustrating me something shocking. I need him to become an adult. Now. But I think and work chronologically, so I can't skip ahead to write later sections. Still, by Chapter 4 (which seems so far away) he'll be based more in fact and less in my weird, twisted making up of English history.
No comments:
Post a Comment