So I was initially going to post with the silly Andrew Lloyd Weber lyrics from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (on a good day I can still do all the colours!), but Farrah Fawcett was not the only death today. Michael Jackson has also died.
I can't really say much about either of these two. But I thought they both merited some sort of comment. I can't say as though I was a huge fan of MJ. He had good music--many would say great--but it really was never my thing. On a personal level, I found the guy creepy. Even if there were not other reasons to find him so, he had a recording studio, and possibly lived in, Pahrumph, Nevada. Pahrumph was the closest town/city/populated area to DEVA, so for the 5 weeks I was working in Death Valley, that's where I had to go for cell phone service, shopping, and interaction with people who were lacking teeth (and brains, and culture).
But I digress. While I can't speak for Farrah Fawcett's career particularly--I never watched the original Charlie's Angels, or any of her TV movies and such, to battle cancer so publically and painfully is something to admire, particularly as it was a form of cancer that could make one giggle (anal), and one that is not well known. To publicize it can create awareness, and I hope she did just that.
Two icons, lost in one day.
2 comments:
Did you see the article that came out about the boy who settled out of court with him? He admitted that his father forced him to make false claims about michael jackson in order to get money from him. MJ settled out of court for $22 million and MJ never touched the boy. Amazing what comes out after the fact, huh?
I didn't see the article. I don't know if MJ was a pederast or not. If he wasn't, that totally sucks. Regardless, I still found him creepy. When I think about it, I think it's because he was so young when he became a superstar, and (like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and so forth) wasn't given the chance or the necessary tools to grow up in a reasonably normal manner. Some child stars have been lucky in that they've been had strong parents, good leadership, and I would guess a personal desire to try and have some normalcy (Jodie Foster, hopefully Abigail Breslin, and probably Miley Cyrus), but I can't really see that with the Jacksons.
Post a Comment