With about 4.5 hours to spare, I managed to squeak out my 63rd book this year, finishing The Hobbit around 7:30pm on New Year's Eve. I'm proud of myself, averaging more than a book a week, and reading 35 books this year that I've never read before. I'd love to be averaging more like 2-2.5 books a week, but I have to balance it with work (yeah, part-time, but still), Girl Museum (we have a new exhibition, go see it!), and a heavy TV schedule, so I doubt I'll be able to increase my average much. Even so, I'm pleased that I've managed to read a bunch of stuff I've not read before. Holding myself accountable by posting everything here on the blog has kept me aware of what I've read, and has, in a couple of cases, kept me from reading something I've already read this year.
And though I know my reading list is boring to some people--if not everyone--who reads this, it is helpful to me, so I will be continuing it in 2011 as well. Speaking of, Happy New Year!
59. The Dark Secret of Weatherend*, by John Bellairs (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
60. Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish*, by Dorothy Gilman (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)61. The Mansion in the Mist*, by John Bellairs (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
62. Bone in the Throat, by Anthony Bourdain
63. The Hobbit*, by J.R.R. Tolkien
Agatha Christie
1. The Tuesday Club Murders (Miss Marple; a series of short stories--good intro to character)
2. The Labors of Hercules (Hercule Poirot; a series of short mysteries with an overarching theme)
Margaret Truman
3. Murder in the White House (Capital Crimes novel: no recurring characters, but sort of a "set")
Isaac Asimov
4. The Caves of Steel (A Lije Baley & R. Daneel Olivaw novel)
5. The Naked Sun (A Lije Baley & R. Daneel Olivaw novel)
16. I, Robot
J. K. Rowling
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone* (Harry Potter Series Book 1)
7. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets* (Harry Potter Series Book 2)
22. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban* (Harry Potter Series Book 3)
32. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire* (Harry Potter Series Book 4)
Mary Francis Shura
8. Kate's Book* (one of two books featuring Kate Alexander)
9. Kate's House* (one of two books featuring Kate Alexander)
John Bellairs
10. The Spell of the Sorcerer's Skull* (A Johnny Dixon mystery) I'm not sure if I've finished this one before, but I know I have started it in the past.
57. The Treasure of Alpheus Winterbourn* (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
58. The Lamp from the Warlock's Tomb* (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
59. The Dark Secret of Weatherend* (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
61. The Mansion in the Mist* (An Anthony Monday Mystery)
Erle Stanley Gardner
11. The Case of the Stuttering Bishop (A Perry Mason mystery)
Carl Hiaasen
12. Flush
E.L. Konigsburg
13. Jennifer, Hecate, Macbeth William McKinley, and me, Elizabeth
Carol Ryrie Brink
14. The Pink Motel*
Jeff Burk
15. Shatner Quake (More of a novella. Whatever it is, it defies description.)
James B. Garfield
17. Follow My Leader*
Jean Fritz and Tom Clute
18. Champion Dog Prince Tom*
Janet Evanovich
19. Full House (Several characters appear again in other books)
20. Smitten
Jonathan Stroud
21. The Amulet of Samarkand (The Bartimaeus Trilogy: Book 1)
Dorthy Gilman
23. Mrs. Pollifax and the Second Thief* (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)
52. Mrs. Pollifax and the Hong Kong Buddha* (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)
53. A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax* (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)
60. Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish* (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)
60. Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish* (Mrs. Pollifax Novel)
Robert Rankin
24. Nostradamus Ate My Hamster
Elizabeth Peters
25. The Seventh Sinner* (Jacqueline Kirby novel)
26. Borrower of the Night* (Vicky Bliss novel)
28. Lord of the Silent* (Amelia Peabody novel)
39. A River in the Sky (Ameila Peabody novel)
41. The Falcon at the Portal* (Amelia Peabody novel)
42. He Shall Thunder in the Sky* (Amelia Peabody novel)
48. The Mummy Case* (Amelia Peabody novel)
50. Lion in the Valley* (Amelia Peabody novel)
John Grogan
27. Marley and Me
Terry Goodkind
29. Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth Series Book 5)
36. Faith of the Fallen (Sword of Truth Series Book 6)
47. The Pillars of Creation (Sword of Truth Series Book 7)
51. Naked Empire (Sword of Truth Series Book 8)
54. Chainfire (Sword of Truth Series Book 9)
55. Phantom (Sword of Truth Series Book 10)
56. Confessor (Sword of Truth Series Book 11)
Terry Pratchett
30. Strata (precursor to the Discworld novels)
46. Unseen Academicals (A Discworld Novel)
Jan Siegel
31. Prospero's Children (Fern Capel Trilogy Book 1)
Roald Dahl
33. Matilda*
Nadifa Mohamed
34. Black Mamba Boy
Alexander McCall Smith
35. The Miracle at Speedy Motors (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Book 9)
38. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Book 10)
40. The Double Comfort Safari Club (No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Book 11)
"Richard Castle" (ghostwriter unknown; Rick Castle is Nathan Fillion's character on Castle.)
37. Heat Wave
Christopher Moore
43. Bloodsucking Fiends* (Vampire Trilogy, Book 1)
44. You Suck (Vampire Trilogy Book 2)
45. Bite Me: A Love Story (Vampire Trilogy Book 3)
Sharyn McCrumb
49. Zombies of the Gene Pool (sequel? to Bimbos of the Death Sun)
Anthony Bourdain
62. Bone in the Throat
J.R.R. Tolkien
63. The Hobbit*
Anthony Bourdain
62. Bone in the Throat
J.R.R. Tolkien
63. The Hobbit*
1 comment:
That rocks! You've read some great books! It's been interesting reading your list.
Oh, and I need your London address... I asked Kristan, but, she didn't have it off hand.
Hope you had a happy new years :-)
Post a Comment