Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm not sure what happened...

You know how I said I'd be able to avoid being on the Titanic Mills Residents Committee? Yeah...I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I'm now a committee member. Not an officer, but a member. Shit.

Three people volunteered to be part of the four non-officer members. Silly me, speaking up in an awkward silence. I figured this way I could look like I wanted to help out, but was unavailable. "I'd be willing to help out, but I'm flying back to the States next week. I don't know when I'll be back, and even after I do come back, I won't be here for very long. Adam is still working nights, so he can't come in my stead, and we haven't resigned our lease yet, so we might not be staying."

Good enough for them. I'm on the damn committee. I'm not entirely sure where I screwed up, other than by opening my mouth. I know they say never volunteer, but that's what I was doing--NOT volunteering. Oh well, it's going on my CV.

Sheesh.

Review still to come. After exercise.

No comments: