Thursday, July 23, 2009

Stateside

Just a quick note. I have made it safely back to Eugene. My luggage even arrived today (I arrived yesterday). I really hate Delta. They're incompetent. I hate having to go to Atlanta to get anywhere else. And there are other issues with them, but I've mostly talked about those before. I think I'll be contacting them and complaining.

Also, they drastically overbooked the flights I was on, and so were offering compensation to be bumped. I did not do so--though I should have from Atlanta to Portland--but the compensation from ATL to PDX was only 200 Delta Dollars (or points, or whatever). Definitely not much. Though if I had know I wasn't on the last flight of the night to PDX (thought I was) I would have possibly done that. I need to fund other trips, though $200 on a crap airline really isn't enough (to their credit, internationally you can still check 2 bags--50 lbs--for free).

How do I know that there was another flight from ATL to PDX after mine? Because my luggage had to come in on that flight. I'd tell you why, but no one at Delta seemed to know. Morons. So I made them deliver it to Eugene. At least I had underwear this time.... To make it better, they tried to blame me for it not making my flight (they were still going to deliver it, though). Their argument fell apart when the other guy whose luggage didn't make it pointed out that he didn't come through customs (he orginated in ATL) and he checked in 2.5 hours early. I repeat: Morons.

No comments: